[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 37 - Expanded automate command set (monot

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 37 - Expanded automate command set (monotone)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:05:53 GMT

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

37 - Expanded automate command set
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Component:Command Line UI
 Type:Feature Request
 Priority:Medium

Comments (last first):

# By Thomas Keller, Jan 14, 2011:

This is a work-in-progress task, i.e. new stuff is added on demand, but we
don't track that in this ticket.

In the meantime guitone gathered add / drop / revert support by simply
executing the userland commands. I still might want to fix that some day, but
its not high priority.

Marking as fixed since some commands (update, checkout, ...) have been
implemented in the meantime.

 Owner: ---

# By Thomas Keller, Mar  4, 2006:

(This entry was imported from the savannah tracker, original location:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?15995)

Hi!

I'm currently working on a Qt-GUI for monotone, named "guitone". Well, this is
not very far as of now, but I'm working on it quite hard to get something
reasonable out there.

To communicate with monotone I wrote a wrapper around "monotone automate
stdio", with which I can do basic things like checking the inventory (and the
state of each item). Now, to do more advanced things like
adding/dropping/renaming/committing items I can't use "automate" at all since
the functionality does not exists in the interface yet. I could, of course, use
the normal UI functionality to do these things, but

a) these are (will be?) language dependent and hard to parse therefor
b) I don't like to built two wrappers, one for stdio and one for all other
calls...

So it would be really, REALLY nice if the automation interface would reflect
the actual command set available through monotone, or, as a starting point, at
least those things which are most-often used.

Tommy.

--
Issue: https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/37/