[Monotone-devel] Mtn on Windows... and guitone

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Mtn on Windows... and guitone
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:18:59 +0100 (CET)

Hey, I'm sure this has been answered before, but maybe things have
changed since.

I just tried monotone in a cmd window on a Windows box with Swedish
settings, and got this:

C:\keyex>mtn help
mtn: allvarligt: fel: misslyckades med att konvertera en strõng frÕn UTF-8 till
ASCII: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Administrat÷r/Application
Data/monotone/monotonerc'
mtn: detta õr nõstan helt sõkert ett programfel i monotone.
mtn: var god skicka detta felmeddelande, utskriften av 'mtn --full-version'
mtn: och en beskrivning av det du gjorde till address@hidden
mtn: discarding debug log, because I have nowhere to write it
mtn: (maybe you want --debug or --dump?)

Of course, it's not hard to understand that the path name of the
administrator (called Administratör in Swedish, which sometimes gives
that odd character in the cmd window...  it's all very code page 850,
I think) wasn't exactly UTF-8.

What I fail to understand is what makes monotone believe it's running
in a UTF-8 locale on Windows, is that some kind of default?

Incidently, the mtn that I used is this one:
http://www.monotone.ca/downloads/0.99.1/monotone-0.99.1-setup.exe

Is there something I can change in the setup that I'm currently
missing?

Honestly, I feel quite daft asking these questions.  It's just that
with Windows, my brain goes to mush if I try too hard, most of the
times...

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/