[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 201 - "pull" and "db check" have differen

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 201 - "pull" and "db check" have different opinion on whether branch certs are needed (monotone)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:47:02 +0200

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

201 - "pull" and "db check" have different opinion on whether branch certs are
needed
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Type:Defect
 Priority:Medium

Comments (last first):

# By Stephen Leake, Jun 23, 2012:

confirmed in nvm head; added test pull_branch_vs_db_check

# By Michael Raskin, Dec  6, 2011:

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-------------------------------

1. mtn pull mtn://code.monotone.ca/\?net.venge.monotone
2. mtn db check

Expected result:
----------------

Success

Actual results:
---------------

"serious problem" reported, mtn db check return code non-zero

Problem is:
-----------

mtn pull doesn't pull branch certs unless they match the pattern that I pull.
mtn db check considers missing branch certs a serious consistency problem.

It would be nice if monotone would pull all certs for pulled revisions. It
would be nice if I could force mtn db check to ignore some classes of
consistency half-problems. Two valid changelogs is not a problem worth my
attention in most cases.

It is a bug that succesful mtn pull can create whatever monotone can call a
serious problem. The simplest solution is probably to demote missing branch
certificates to an mtn db check warning.

--
Issue: https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/201/