Re: [Monotone-devel] capacity

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] capacity
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:22:28 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Hendrik Boom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just wondering -- is there a limit on the size of a monotone repository?
> I figure it's limited by the maximum file size on the file system, but
> now that those limits have gone way over 4 gigabytes, has monotone's
> data base backend kept up?

Monotone uses sqlite3, and it's limits are described here:
http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html.

Page size of monotone db is 8192 (at least my databases are something
like that), max database size is something like 8192 * 2^31 should be
enough for any sane monotone database.

So in theory it should handle huge databases ...

--
Zbigniew Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / http://zbigg.blogspot.com /