Re: [Monotone-devel] Failed to add path with wide character

From: J Decker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Failed to add path with wide character
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 13:27:59 -0700

int ConvertToUTF16( wchar_t *output, TEXTRUNE rune )
https://github.com/d3x0r/SACK/blob/master/src/typelib/text.c#L2735

int ConvertToUTF8( char *output, TEXTRUNE rune )
https://github.com/d3x0r/SACK/blob/master/src/typelib/text.c#L2760

/* CTEXTSTR is LPTSTR, that is with _UNICODE it's wchar_t without it's char */
TEXTRUNE GetUtfChar( CTEXTSTR *from )
https://github.com/d3x0r/SACK/blob/master/src/typelib/text.c#L3094

*shrug*

I know there's a 'unicode' library but it's truly large.. and
certainly wcstombs/mbstowcs are useless in this regard... they do add
up to a couple hundred lines of code....

http://utf8everywhere.org/

binary equivalence is sufficient; I know that tecnically canonical
conversions (changing characters to other characters that are really
the same shape) apply... but I know that sqlite takes what you give it
and doesn't care, and I know that sockets take and send stuff and
don't care... so I don't really know what sorts of applications I
would even remotely touch that did canonical replacements that destroy
binary equivalence.