nano-devel

support for RTL text directly in the terminal?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: support for RTL text directly in the terminal?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:54:13 +0100

Hello Mahyar,

Five years ago you posted about adding support for right-to-left languages
to nano [1].  Today I happened to stumble over a relevant item in the TODO
list.  After some googling, I found that there exists a terminal (mlterm)
that supports RTL text. [2]  It seems to work, although it is weird to see
the cursor move rightward when typing the left arrow...

My question is: is this usable?  I mean: can one comfortably edit an RTL
text using nano on mlterm?  Or is it awkward, confusing, troublesome?

Regards,

Benno

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2015-08/msg00013.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mlterm