nano-devel

Re: Contributing getprogname.c for NonStop

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Contributing getprogname.c for NonStop
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 11:25:33 +0200

Hello Randall,

Op 29-07-2023 om 00:34 schreef rsbecker@nexbridge.com:
I would like to contribute an implementation of getprogname() for the
NonStop platform. What is the best way to contribute this?

Nano does not make use of getprogname(), not directly.  Apparently
the getprogname.c module gets pulled in by gnulib as a dependency.

Also, the memory_full() method in alloca.c appears not to be portable.
May I ask what this does do that I can implement it?

All the stuff in the lib/ subdirectory is not part of nano proper.
It is provided by gnulib.  Any questions or contributions relating
to those files should go to bug-gnulib at gnu dot org.

Benno