nel-all

RE: [Nel] .shape file format change

From: Daniel Miller
Subject: RE: [Nel] .shape file format change
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:01:25 +0200

I was just drafting a reply to Valerio Santinelli's mail when this one
turned up, so I guess I'm replying to both postings at once.

First for the Nevrax.org home page: the news is all badly out of date and
doesn't show what's going on at the moment.  Sorry about that.  We're just
sorting out our internal knitting so that we can post news more easily.
There should be a general improvement at this level soon.

For the roadmap - my mail of last week entitled 'a bit of news' contains a
loose plan for the next few months. It'll go up on the site some time soon.
I'm not sure if it contains the information you're after - please shout if
it doesn't.

On the documentation side - We posted a handfull of new 'features' documents
under the different library headings earlier this week. Any feedback would
be very much appreciated. Beyond that we have been discussing what docs
would be good to write among ourselves. Any ideas are very welcome although
our time for writing dociments is a bit limitted right now!; The problem
with 'how to design and build an MMORPG' type docs is that they warrant an
entire book - and I don't have time to write a whole book right now :(.
I'll see what I can do.

Snowballs is being re-written (to look more like a designed program and less
like the accumulation of a few dozen chunks of test code spaghettied
together). We're just starting, so our first steps 'll be up on line
shortly...

For a binary sdk - it's a good idea - We'll look into it. :)

Regards to all
Daniel