Re: [Nmh-workers] Quick fix for TLS support for POP

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Quick fix for TLS support for POP
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 08:29:20 +0200

On 13 Jul, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> % inc -host popserver -proxy "openssl s_client -quiet -connect %h:995"
>
>   I know that right now we can't put this in
> .mh_profile, but let's deal with one issue at a time.

Perhaps the easiest way to allow this would be to have the -proxy option
turn a % escape (%s or %_ perhaps) into a space.

The obvious alternative is to add support for quoting to the
word-splitting for .mh_profile. The problem with doing that is it
might break backward-compatibility but it has the advantage of being
more generic.

Any thoughts?

Oliver