Re: [Nmh-workers] New mh-mime(7) man page

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] New mh-mime(7) man page
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:17:08 +0000

Hi Ken,

> I wrote a new man page, mh-mime(7) that provides an overview of nmh's
> MIME support.  Please check it out and give me any feedback you think
> is appropriate.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/tree/man/mh-mime.man

Playing devil's advocate...

    Character set conversion will only take place if nmh was built with
    icov(3) support.

"iconv".  State how I can determine if this was the case given a binary
installation?  I'm hoping there's a switch on a command or similar that
prints the build configuration.

    In this case a substitution character will be used for the
    characters that cannot be converted.

It's always the same character used for all ones that couldn't be
converted?  Or does it mean turning “” into ""?

    The mhlist command will display a listing of the MIME parts
    contained within a message.  That information can be used in
    conjuction with the mhstore command to save individual parts or
    content types of a message.  See the mhlist(1) and mhstore(1) man
    pages for more details on how these commands work.

s/conjuction/conjunction/.  I'm more used to the convention where the
first time a command is mentioned it is by man page, e.g. "mhlist(1)
will display...".  Afterwards, it's just "mhlist".  Then there is no
need to say "See the... man page" as the reference, including section,
has already been given.

    See the send(1) man page for details...

Likewise, it's "See send(1) for details".  The (1) convention means the
reader knows it's a man page.

    SEE ALSO
        nmh(7), mhbuild(1), comp(1), repl(1), whatnow(1), mh-format(5)

Missing full stop.

Cheers, Ralph.