Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

From: Christer Boräng
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:29:00 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Ralph Corderoy wri
tes:
>Hi Ken,
>
>> I was curious about pine, so I looked at that.  It does generate them,
>> but you can turn that off.  The comments are:
>>
>>      * If requested, strip Content-ID headers that don't look like they
>>      * are needed. Microsoft's Outlook XP has a bug that causes it to
>>      * not show that there is an attachment when there is a Content-ID
>>      * header present on that attachment.
>>
>> The same applies to Alpine.
>
>Sounds like an old bug that can be ignored, being XP?
>
>Other than nmh not making up the header's value as well as it could, I'm
>not seeing much need to nobble Content-ID by default.  It's not causing
>little harm, and there's signs other MUAs add it as a header.  That the
>only users might be this list's subscribers matters little since we
>don't get out much.

Personally, I filter out Content-ID in the mail header, and leave it in
Mime-part headers. Content-ID in the mail header breaks my exmh in
certain cases, and I got tired of having to remove it manually.

//Christer

--
| Hagåkersgatan 18C | Phone: Home +46 31 435203  CTH: +46 31 772 5431 |
| S-431 41 Mölndal  |        Cell: +46 707 535757                     |