Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's putnum drops data if too close to end of line?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's putnum drops data if too close to end of line?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 22:08:55 -0500

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
> Tom wrote:
>> Hm.  Is there a way to override that value judgment?

> Call it what you like, I will continue to remove any code I find
> that silently outputs an incorrect integer.

> %(kilo) and %(kibi) can produce partial output, and have the
> benefit of a known trailing character.

Ah.  Replacing "putnum" with "kilo" produces output that I'm perfectly
happy with --- thanks for the tip!

Though I'm not sure I believe your assertion that these produce a known
trailing character; AFAICS there is none below 1K:

$ fmttest -format '(%(kilo(size)))' -msgsize 123 -raw foo
(123)

                        regards, tom lane