Re: [nmh-workers] mts.conf relative sendmail option

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] mts.conf relative sendmail option
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 09:02:27 +0100

Hi Cyber,

> I use NixOS

So there's no /bin, etc., as we know it.

> sendmail: sendmail
> it complains that it cannot find the file.

I think execvp(3) is being used, so PATH is searched?

> Right now I am using a very ugly hack, I have made an executable
> sendmaill file in my home directory that does
> sendmail "$@"
> and I refer to that file in mts.conf.

Why is that sendmail found?  What's significant about $HOME?  Why
doesn't it recurse instead of finding the real sendmail?  There's the
`env sendmail' trick, but that's just searching PATH, which I thought
nmh was doing anyway by using execvp(3).

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy