Re: [nmh-workers] ARC: Forwarding with DMARC, DKIM, and SPF.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] ARC: Forwarding with DMARC, DKIM, and SPF.
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 15:17:32 +0000

Hi Ken,

Happy New Year!  :-)

> And thinking about it ... I don't think the normal usage of dist(1)
> SHOULD cause any problems.  With regards to SPF, since it uses the
> MAIL FROM header that should be fine, since your MAIL FROM should be
> set properly to the identity of the dist(1)er.  Since you aren't
> modifying any headers when using dist(1), the DKIM signature should
> still be valid.

I think you're right on both counts, and that's what I used to think
too.  I know SPF, a bit about DKIM, and still less about DMARC, but I
think DMARC complains because although SPF and DKIM are individually
happy the headers are not in `alignment': DKIM's are still upstream
compared to SPF.  Failure can result.

--
Cheers, Ralph.