Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages
Date: 27 May 2019 11:31:53 -0600

Thus said address@hidden on Sat, 25 May 2019 10:37:17 -0400:

> Scenario:  you receive  an email  from  Geico informing  you your  car
> insurance payment  is due in  4 weeks. In mutt  or Apple Mail  you can
> flag that message so you're reminded of it each time you log in.

I'm not sure what "log in" means  in your environment. If you're using X
you could do something like this:

Identify a message for which you want a reminder

Use "mark -seq remind" to add the message to the remind sequence
or use "refile -link +Reminders" to link the message into a folder

Then in your .xsession you could place:

REMINDERS=`scan +folder -width 132 remind`
test "$REMINDERS" && xmessage -default okay -center -timeout 60 "$REMINDERS"

Or if using a folder:

REMINDERS=`scan +Reminders -width 132`
test "$REMINDERS" && xmessage -default okay -center -timeout 60 "$REMINDERS"

Then when  done you remove the  message from either the  sequence or the
folder.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005cec1f2e