Re: new release?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: new release?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:01:11 -0700

Ralph wrote:

> MACHINES mentions:
>
>     gdbm-devel, db4-devel or libdb-devel/libdb-dev (only needed for
>     slocal(1))
>
> There's no db4-devel.

I'll remove that.  THere isn't one for Fedora, either.

> There's no gdbm-devel,

There is for Fedora.  Maybe it's time to split out the RedHat
and Debian dependencies in MACHINES.

> Perhaps, if the tests would still work, it should accept regexps, filter
> ‘locale -a’ output with each in turn, as it does now, but sort the
> output in the C locale and use the first.  Then the calls could be
>
>     require_locale '^en_..\.[Uu][Tt][Ff]-*8$'

I see that you committed a suitable temporary fix.  I like the regexp
approach if you want to implement that.

> Installing packages lynx and links didn't help ‘skipping html checks
> because no text browser was found’.  I realised they're needed before
> build_nmh runs.  Re-running build_nmh then allowed those browser-needing
> tests to pass.

The test suite did its job.

Thanks, Ralph.

David