Re: nmh 1.8?

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8?
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 21:02:33 +1000

On Mon, 02 Jan 2023 12:23:54 +0000, Ralph Corderoy writes:
>> Is anyone here packaging nmh as part of a .deb file in the process of
>> testing?
>
>Alexander Zangerl is Debian's packager in the past;  I'm CC-ing him.

...and i still am, but i was out of town w/o net access
over the holidays. i'll package 1.8 within a week or so.

>I assume if we grabbed the debian directory, e.g.
>https://sources.debian.org/src/nmh/1.7.1-12/debian/, then we could have
>a stab at building the .deb on a Debian machine; I have one to hand.

generall you would have to grab the *.dsc and the *.debian.tar.xz,
besides the actual upstream (= your) tarball. the combo of the above
is guaranteed (by debian policy) to create pretty much exactly
the deb in the debian distro (except for file signatures).

>I've had a look at the Lintian output and fixed a spelling mistake.
>It also says debian/control could do with a Homepage definition:
>Alexander, it's https://www.nongnu.org/nmh/
>
>That README also mentions a quick overview of what's shipping what
>version:
>
>    A useful overview of what third parties are shipping which release
>    is available at https://repology.org/project/nmh/versions with a
>    quick overview on the Badges tab which shows
>    https://repology.org/badge/vertical-allrepos/nmh.svg.

sure can do; i'll have a look at those as part of packaging 1.8.

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + https://snafu.priv.at/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you're providing support for