Re: Setting send(1)'s draftfolder breaks mhmail.

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Setting send(1)'s draftfolder breaks mhmail.
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:45:52 -0500

Andy wrote:

> Thus said Ralph Corderoy on Thu, 18 Jan 2024 15:22:28 +0000:
>
> > The  suggestion  was  to  duplicate   the  setting  by  adding  "send:
> > -draftfolder drafts". I think this breaks mhmail(1).
>
> Except, according to the man page for mhmail:
>
> PROFILE COMPONENTS
>        mhmail does not consult the user's .mh_profile
>
> Perhaps it breaks send?

The fault is with mhmail.  When its -profile switch was added to use send
instead of post, this interaction wasn't considered.

mhmail currently uses a tmp file, always, for the draft.  I think the fix
should depend on if mhmail has been instructed to use send and send has a
draftfolder switch in the profile.  In that case it should create the draft as
a new draft message in the draftfolder, instead of as a tmp file.

David