Re: What is the oldest version of octave that we are supporting?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: What is the oldest version of octave that we are supporting?
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 11:16:54 -0800

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 19:54:20 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
> None of my business, really, but for the record : 3.8.x is still available
> in Debian Jessie and Unbuntu Trusty.

If you want another data point, the signal package supports 3.8 and will
continue to until it's no longer reasonably easy to maintain.

But as others said, it's completely up to the package maintainer's
discretion, and may depend heavily on how much compiled code there is,
what parts of the Octave API it touches, and of course available time
and interest.

--
mike