crashing octave with copy command in editor

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: crashing octave with copy command in editor
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 10:22:17 -0500

I set up a new laptop with ubuntu 18.10 and
address@hidden:~/octavec1$ hg id
72e0a106d956 (stable) tip
using Qt5 and octave --force-gui

When using the editor I tried to copy and paste some code
from one line to the next. If i use the mouse right button or if I use cntr-C
to copy the highlighted lines, both methods crash out of octave.
octave shuts down. It looks like I had done a contr-C at the command prompt
of octave.

Is this just my machine or can others see the same problem?

--
DASCertificate for 206392