Re: have we ever been hit by a Qt bug while developing the Octave GUI?

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: have we ever been hit by a Qt bug while developing the Octave GUI?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:11:26 -0500

On 1/10/19 1:07 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
I am wondering if in the development of the Octave GUI we have been
hit by a Qt bug.  I don't follow the GUI related bugs with much
attention so I don't know but I don't remember seeing an Octave bug
that was actually a Qt bug.

So, have we ever been hit by a Qt bug while developing the Octave GUI?

Thanks
David

I've been hit by a minor one, but I don't know whether it's actually a Qt bug or an underlying macOS bug.

https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app-bundler/issues/13

Sometimes, when first starting a Qt-enabled Octave on macOS, it issues this scary-sounding warning in the command window:

This is caused by Qt's QFilesystemWatcher doing an FSEventStreamFlushSync(), which in some cases causes the underlying Mac library to issue that warning. It's unclear to me whether this is a bug in Qt's usage of the function, or the function itself.

I've been meaning to report this upstream to Qt, but haven't had time to put together a minimal reproduction case yet.

Cheers,
Andrew