Re: Skipping style checks for code base

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Skipping style checks for code base
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:01:46 -0500

On 1/11/19 8:33 PM, Rik wrote:
jwe,

I know you have something like a 10,000 line patch waiting to apply to the development branch.  I propose that we skip item 7 of the release process,

Style-check code base

  * This will produce lots of whitespace changes, but no behavior changes
  * Must occur after patches have been added since whitespace changes
    can prevent patches from applying
  * m-file style check. Completion Date:
  * C++ style check. Completion Date:

because it is likely to make the merge unnecessarily complicated.

I've been merging default with my changes frequently but I can't say for sure that style changes wouldn't cause trouble. Since fixing style is a fairly low priority item, it's fine with me to skip this step for this release.

Thanks,