Re: Release 5.0 Next Tasks

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Release 5.0 Next Tasks
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:42:06 -0800

This is now reported as https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55538

> I do understand that the problem with XFAIL is that we don't seem to be very
> effective at actually fixing some of these long standing known bugs, but it
> seems better to me that we acknowledge rather than skip them.

Another problem is that a test may be tagged with one bug number that
was fixed, but then may fail on a particular system for a completely
different reason.

And yet another problem is that this bug may be closed as "won't fix" on
savannah because it's an LLVM bug. Someone may later tag it as <*55538>
because the bug report is closed, but the "*" is supposed to mark only
bugs that have been fixed.

--
mike