Re: RC1 Candidate (windows 64, msvcr100.dll)

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: RC1 Candidate (windows 64, msvcr100.dll)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 08:47:18 -0500

> octave-gui.exe claims  no msvcr100.dll.

I also wonder if the reports of people not being able to start newer versions of Octave is related to this.

missing dll errors are usually explicit.  Tatsuro, I'm assuming you got a 'missing msvcr100.dll' error message? I would assume many of the windows start errors would have been reported with the error message if it was given. Also note he had to clear the path for this to become apparent, so might not be that common an occurrence?