Re: regression in copyobj

From: Ardid, Salva
Subject: Re: regression in copyobj
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 16:51:37 +0000

El dimarts, 29 de gener de 2019, a les 11:37:40 EST, Rik va escriure:

  On 01/29/2019 07:16 AM, address@hidden wrote:
  > Re: RC1 Candidate
  > From:
  > "Ardid, Salva" <address@hidden>
  > Date:
  > 01/29/2019 06:50 AM
  >
  > To:
  > "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

  > base64
  > Message:
  > 2
  >

  > El dissabte, 26 de gener de 2019, a les 10:25:45 EST, Rik va escriure:
  >
  >   The first release candidate for Octave version 5.1 is available at
  >   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/.
  >
  >   I've tried it on my vanilla Linux system (./configure, make) and building
  >   is just fine.  Running 'make check' passes with no failed tests.
  >
  >   Please download and experiment on other systems.
  >
  >   --Rik
  >

  > Hi,
  >
  > I tested Octave 5.0.90 and identified a regression in the copyobj function:
  >
  > f1 = figure;
  > plot(0:10)
  > f2 = figure;
  > Copyobj(get(f1,'children'),f2);
  >
  > error: copyobj: =: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 1x1, op2 is 1x0)
  > error: called from
  >     copyobj at line 70 column 15
  >
  > This works fine in Octave 4.x versions and Matlab

  Just to be sure, I get an error when using 'Copyobj' as that function name
  is not defined.  If I change it to lowercase "copyobj" then the command
  works just fine.

  Could you try starting Octave with '-f' so that you are not reading any
  personal initialization files, and then retry the sample code

  f1 = figure;
  plot(0:10)
  f2 = figure;
  copyobj(get(f1,'children'),f2);

  --Rik

Sorry about the capital letter, that was introduced automatically by my email
application.

I tested again and it also works for me, however if I run the same code after
another the error appears, weird. I need to investigate it further... Will try
to find a short piece of code that reproduces the issue to share.