om-synth

[Om-synth] de-tuning the midi

From: Troels Skov Nielsen
Subject: [Om-synth] de-tuning the midi
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:55:47 +0200

Just a quick little (maybe, i am not a hacker so i can´t tell if this
is easy or hard to do) request.

If i have understod the code right this is the part of the midi node
where the freq is assinged:

MidiNoteNode::note_to_freq(int num)
{
        const float A4 = 440.0f;
        if (num >= 0 && num <= 119)
                return A4 * powf(2.0f, (float)(num - 57.0f) / 12.0f);
                        return 1.0f;  // Some LADSPA plugins don't like freq=0
}
(taken from most recent cvs. and the file /scr/engine/MidiNoteNode.cpp)

As far as i can figure this out this do that all notes is in tune,
witch under most conditions is a great thing, however, I don´t like
things that are in tune, so the request is if it would be possible to
make it possible to detune single notes (preferably with the help of a
config file of some sort).

If this is way off from what others need of om please just ignore this
post, and I will try to do a hack myself (that with my very limited
programing skills would be very crude indeed), but i´d rather not go
of the regular version of om for quite obvious reasons.

tsn_ene

p.s. to drobilla and others

I will be back on freenode and reporting bugs and problems and
requests and testing the cvs by september when i get full time net
acces again.

p.p.s
sorry for the horible spelling, but this is not my own pc and there is
no spellcheking no this one.