om-synth

[Om-synth] using om live

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: [Om-synth] using om live
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:37:52 +0200

I mostly use my setup live, but I haven't had om on the road yet.

Imagine I want to change a sound in om on stage. I have to destroy the current sound, load another and make the appropriate connections in qjackctl. Not likely something someone would do spontaneously between songs or even in the middel of a song.

Two things (that both would be nice) would help out:

1) Some way of "speed loading" a patch. It should destroy the current patch and take over it's jack connections, all in one go.

2) Some kind of program change. For instance the possibility to send a program change to om and do 1) with the patch running the current channel. There need to be some extra layer where one could define the relationship between files and program change values.

What do you think?

--
  .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
 : :' :  Atte