om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] midi bindings

From: Dario Aprea
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] midi bindings
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:00:25 +0200 (CEST)

Ooops! An accidental Tab + Space made yahoo send my mail while I was
writing!

So, making midi bindings currently means:

  1. creating a node
  2. connecting to nodes
  3. setting controller number
  4. setting min and max values
  5. setting linear or logarithmic scale

I'd put midi controller settings next to each controller in the
controller area. This would be convenient to control other's patches,
as the controllers were already thought to control the relevant
parameters of a patch, so you don't have to open, understand nor modify
it.

This would eliminate steps 1, 2 and 4. So making a midi binding would
be a one or two-click operation: midi-learn while moving the
controller, optional click for logarithmic scale.

A further way of making midi bindings could be on the parameter ports
of the modules. There could be some more items in the right-click menu,
which now contains only "Disconnect All": "midi learn", "unbind" and
"midi controller settings" would be enough. It could even become easier
to change a parameter making a temporary midi binding, instead of
opening the plugin gui.

Regards

Dario