om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] cvs om_gtk polyphony?

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] cvs om_gtk polyphony?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:27:34 -0400

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 12:12 +0200, Garett Shulman wrote:
> I built om-synth from a cvs checkout from this morning. I cannot seem to
> change the polyphony from 1. The polyphony section of the 'Load Patch'
> window does not seem to work. The 'Specifiy' radio button is always
> hightlighted but the number selector is greyed out showing 1. Also, in
> the 'Patch Tree' window selecting 'Properties' from the context menu
> causes om_gtk to Segfault.

Whoops.  Fixed the radio buttons, but note that polyphony is still
static for the time being (ie you can't change the polyphony of an
existing patch).

> On the optimization topic... Should ladspa plugins be compiled with
> similar optimizations as om (in my case -march=k8 -msse3)?

Since virtually all the DSP is done by your plugins, their optimizations
will probably have even more of an affect than Om's.  (In other words,
yes).

-DR-