openvds-devel

[Openvds-devel] w, who, hostname and uname

From: Lev V. Vanyan
Subject: [Openvds-devel] w, who, hostname and uname
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:22:23 +0200

Hello!
I have had a pretty mess with those utilities while trying to
get them working, but failed. Environment still unable to resolve
it's own hostname and w (who) utilities still failing to work.
I'm trying to use freevsd-1.4.10 package on RedHat 7,2,
glibc-2.4.4 (patched to 2.4.4-13vsd)  and kernel version 2.4.16.
Oh! I forgot to say about disk quotas, they do not work too :((((

Help me, please :)

PS. : I was able to rewrite uname to use /etc/FQDN to resolve
environment's hostname and after this mess uname and hostname
are seem to be be working (e.g. resolving good), but environment
doesn't.