openvds-devel

Re: [Openvds-devel] The port 80 problem

From: Simon Garner
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] The port 80 problem
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:25:15 +1300

Hi,

The problem is that Port is not a valid directive in a <VirtualHost> block
(at least not in Apache 1.3.22). If you do:

    Listen 8080
    Port 80

    <VirtualHost *>
    </VirtualHost>

Then the VirtualHost is inaccessible (see httpd -S for why).

If you do:

    Listen 8080
    Port 8080

    <VirtualHost *>
    </VirtualHost>

OR

    Listen 8080
    Port 80

    <VirtualHost *:8080>
    </VirtualHost>

It works but SERVER_PORT = 8080.

If you try to do:

    Listen 8080
    Port 8080

    <VirtualHost *>
        Port 80
    </VirtualHost>

The server will not start, due to configuration syntax error.

I'm pretty sure I've exhausted all the possibilities and it is not possible
to make this work the way I would like. On the other hand I've got my
patched kernel running fine and quite happy with the result :)

Cheers,

Simon

From: "Marcos Rubinstein" <address@hidden>