openvds-devel

Re: [Openvds-devel] The port 80 problem

From: Simon Garner
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] The port 80 problem
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:02:48 +1300

Hi Chris,

You're right, this does work. Adding a Port 80 directive to each VirtualHost
works (contrary to the Apache manual) and using this and UseCanonicalName On
will make SERVER_PORT = 80.

It doesn't solve the other two problems I discussed though, and the
configuration seems a bit fragile to me -- a user only has to forget the
Port 80 in each virtualhost or to set UseCanonicalName Off (which may be
their desired behaviour) and you'll get problems. So I'll stick with my way
for now.

I think Dave's suggestion for a process capabilities wrapper sounds great,
although I have no idea how to implement that myself.

Regards,

Simon