openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] consolidation of au88x0 files

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] consolidation of au88x0 files
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:36:28 -0400

Hi Will,

Will DeRousse wrote:

Hi there!

After looking into it a bit, it seems the way it's set up now is the only
solution that I could find. The ALSA build system goes into a directory, builds
everything there and leaves. It provides a way to set EXTRA_CFLAGS or #DEFINES
on a per directory basis, but not per file. :(

The only possible simplification would be to have one "master" file which
includes all the others and sets a define. When you built the au8830 driver for instance,
it would only compile one file.

I new this wouldn't be easy. Thats why i went the easy fool way :) . Having to build every driver separated doesn't seme very good idea. I would prefer the overhead of the extra files. I asked about this issue on the ALSA list before and nobody did answer. I think i'll try again there (maybe they now some extra ALSA makefile tricks).

Manuel