openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] ALSA patch submitted and on the way to public CVS..

From: J. Gordon Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] ALSA patch submitted and on the way to public CVS...
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:18:33 -0400

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 14:08, Manuel Jander wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I submitted a patch to the ALSA list, and they committed it to CVS. It
> will take some time until it is synced into the public CVS, but its
> there. Takashi Iwai made some minor modificactions to the code
> structure, which seme reasonable to me, but is basically the same as the
> latest openvortex CVS.

I wonder how long it will take to get into the kernel...

> Now, i'll turn away a bit, since i want to take a try on the WT and A3D
> engine, but any bug reports are welcome as usual :)

Wohoo, new features!  Sounds good.

> By the way, has anyone noticed that there is a SPDIF samplerate selector
> now ? Has anyone tested it ?

Yeah I've tested this.  It seems to work well.  In fact it seems to
somehow have fixed the problem I was having where 44.1KHz sounds played
too fast over the SPDIF.  How that happened, I can't imagine.  Oh, and
the selector is pretty much useless in the gnome-alsamixer (it comes up
as a checkbox), but I guess thats the fault of the mixer applet, and its
a relatively minor annoyance.

 - Gordon
--
J. Gordon Wolfe <address@hidden>