palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Hints for the spreading fame of palito

From: zed
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Hints for the spreading fame of palito
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:42:11 -0200

> maybe just above the source dl link you could add something like
>
> Debian Users:
> make sure you have debian package libexpat1-dev installed.
> Load  "dbe" > in > Section "Module" > in XF86Config-4

very well put, in fact there's quite some #include problems.
problems packages normally fix with ./configure, not that
i have any clue how to use configure..

maybe it would be a good idea abandon expat, for simplicity..
the xml we use are not that complex that could not be easily
replaced by a simple "key = value" list.

not shure about X's dbe (double buffer extension) ...
think it can be easily replaced also, but it may be
easily configured as well..

> anyway might be time soon to have these little suggests/hints on the site?
> (it is greatly discouraging when software doesn't compile first time, esp if
> there is no help)

it could be a good workaround...

> I should rebuild a debian system some time and find out exactly what one need
> s to compile palito - would be good practice to getting it into debian offici
> ally :).  Is there anyone on this list that would be better job than my tinke
> ring?

./configure? :P
ok, nevermind, autoconf is a mess.. perhaps too complicaded.
anyway, we must find a way to add the missing headers and remove
those not found..

about expat and dbe, i vote to remove them.