palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] quick impressions of 2003-05-21

From: barrett
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] quick impressions of 2003-05-21
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 06:03:14 -0300

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 01:54:52PM +1000, Michael Devey wrote:
> address@hidden:~/src/palito$ make x11
> make all PLATAFORM=x11
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myke/src/palito'
> cd src && make -f Makefile.x11 && cd ..
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/myke/src/palito/src'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/myke/src/palito/src'
> gcc: palito_main.c: No such file or directory
> gcc: client_draw.c: No such file or directory

Sorry, I forgot to update Makefile.x11
palito_main.c was split into main.c and input.c
client_draw.c was renamed to visual.c

> interesting group dynamics - it's bloody choas when units are all close
> together and some try to move :)

You'll also note that when you tell a large group of planes to go to a
common point, they (surprisingly :) arrive scatered arount that point.

> On an unrelated note - seems to be a recuring theme of not having the all the
> includes that are required in past releases mainly strlen <string.h> exit
> <stdlib.h> insofar as debian is concerned - is this because they're provided
> in different libs on your machines? or your compiliers link in the correct
> libs for you.

Please tell me what #includes you had to put in what .c file so I can patch
them here.

> Whatever the case - ppl who have tried to play palito have found it
> discouraging.

That's why I'm trying to keep the binary releases (for both Windows and Linux)
avaiable and updated.

Anyway, have you tried the 3D terrain?
There are some maps at http://palito.9hells.org/data/
Try divide2.zip