palito-dev

[palito-dev] myke pretends to do something

From: Michael Devey
Subject: [palito-dev] myke pretends to do something
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 21:16:03 +1000

erm just something I noticed - I think if units are "moving outta the way"
they're not responding to other commands - like stop. Not only for moving but also attacking - it took me almost 30 seconds to get a jip to stop firing - agro
little jip :)

I don't know how we want to deal with movement (afterall *most* of the time you want to cancel commands - not stop the units being nice to each other and moving outta the way) but having to wait till units settle down to do so is not ideal.

that said I'm a big girl and haven't looked at the offending code.

but I have made some random flush's a "3 pronged rotating spiral of dots" (which
fluctuates in size) and a palmtree that looks ... passable.

The spiral is from playing around looking at possible persistent command symbols
(I'd personally like to have something like the window manager where you can
pick the icon-sets for your mouse modes and commands placed - variety is the spice of life)

the palmtree ... it almost looks like a coconut tree ... maybe. Needs difference in the leaves, the base of the trunk fixed up, and drawn alot more optimally - try
viewing a few at the same time :/

myke