palito-dev

[palito-dev] .flush coding

From: barrett
Subject: [palito-dev] .flush coding
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:40:45 -0300

To Myke:

The palmtree01.flush and platform01.flush are great.
Is this robot a constructor or an attacking unit? (You could also
made an entry for it in world.palito.)

Now in the flush engine we have separate foreground and background colors.

The new color functions also set the drawing mode:
with flush_fg(fg) only the lines will be draw.
with flush_bg(bg) we get only filled shapes.
with flush_fgbg(fg, bg), we get both the countour and interior of the shapes.

This last one is used when drawing units.
To force the flush code to draw hollow shapes, use the new
'hollow $condition' flush command.  The commander.flush gives an example.

The way to pass variables to the flush code has changed to,
and some new variables are already being passed:

$nano     0 when starting building, going to 1 when it's finished
$health   0 to 1 for living units, -1 to 0 for wreckage
$age      use this instead of 'time' to stop the plataform01.flush
          to draw the moving dot all at the same time

If you think other info would be useful, we can include that too..

You can use color (with the rgb $r $g $b) to create better looking units.
Just remember to use the $health to keep the wreckage gray.
(If you want to use colors based on the player color, this can be passed
as $r $g $b variables too..)

PS: NEWS FLASH!
palito bot-boy secret identity revealed!
Obviously he's Mike D.  ( http://everything2.com?node=Mike%20D )
>From the platform01.flush code:
> push rotate $aim
>       #turn-table