palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Re: New renderer

From: barrett
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Re: New renderer
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:00:41 -0300

> seems that barrett is thinking on the maps being all pre-processed.
that's not the case.
they're that way now because it was easier to implement at first place.

> but i think a dynamic renderer can be quite usefull, especially for
> the case of unbounded maps (fractal generated heightfields without
> limits in all directions)

looking at the 'deformable terrain' item in our roadmap
http://palito.9hells.org/dev.html#roadmap
i found another good reason to integrate a map renderer into palito:
to re-render the portion of the map affected by the deformations.
that could be done in real-time, cause it's just a portion of the map.