palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] progress?

From: Michael Devey
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] progress?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:14:59 +1100

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:10:29PM -0200, address@hidden wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 07:16:35PM +1100, Michael Devey wrote:
> > any progress to be shared with the world?
>
> not in palito, but in xkobo, vice city... :)
> a little vacation on palito.. but i'll return to it.
> it was so close to a alpha release.. i just can't let it die that way.
> some day i will return with full throttle.

The world needs palito!

> > any thoughts on opengl - I thought I might do a lazy 2d opengl
> > implementation with glut - about my only gripes so far with glut is
> > restriction to 3 buttons on the mouse.

> that could be nice..
>
> > Would make it very easily portable with glut, and barrett seems to quietly
> > reject any interfaces I submit with 7 mouse buttons - so I can't see any
> > objections :/
>
> my mouse have only three buttons, and many people have two button mice.

Never hurt to take advantage of hardware in a redundant manner.  You wouldn't
even notice unless you had a 7 button mouse.  I place this level of logic in
step with X11 developers removing 7 button mouse support because some people
don't have them.

sigh.

Sounds like barrett needs a pick-me-up.  I think you would benefit from a trip
down memory lane just to see how much progress you've already made.

I remember when I first stumbled apon palito - mister stick figure witha fat
potatoe head had me entralled with his queued commands.  And flush - how cool
was it - it couldn't even do a for loop.

myke