palito-dev

[palito-dev] Project state

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [palito-dev] Project state
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:38:02 +0000

Hi,
 Is this project still going at all? Last news on the website is an exact copy
of the news from about 9 months earlier about getting thrown out of the lab.

 I see there's a new Wiki page (I restored the main page of it from some spam,
it seems as though people have given up on that), but there's not much reason
for other people to update a Wiki if they don't know if the project's even
still alive or if the developers have no machines to work on, etc...

 A couple of days ago I dug out my old renderer from a year or 2 ago, to try
to remind myself what it still needed, but I don't remember perfectly what I'd
been thinking about it. Even if Palito is still going, I saw a few posts on
the mailing list that seemed to say the display was going to change, so for all
I know there might be no point me trying.

 In other words, I hope Palito *is* still alive, and I expect quite a few others
do too, but when people see the news that's shown, and an empty mailing list,
it makes it look as though nothing more's going to happen with it. Knowing what
things are problems and what is now Ok would probably allow people to help a
bit in whatever way. Not that I'd be able to help, but who knows how many people
are still interested, or would be if there were signs of life?

-Tomble
--
Signature? I have no need of signatures