palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Project state

From: Solerman Kaplon
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Project state
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:55:11 -0300

Areki Nikosai escreveu:

The niche that Palito was (is?) aiming for is still available, to my knowledge. There aren't really any true T.A. style games that are open source... in fact, I don't think there are many true T.A. style games around anymore at all, excepting T.A. itself, and even that hasn't been maintained in years.
That's right, i had followed all games like TA from some time and never found one so easy to play and extendable like TA. All with hard interfaces or just a boring unit tree like Command & Conquer. None opensource games are real time strategy, and the only thing near that I 've seen was a guy that has made a entire new engine for TA using opengl, and he said was quite usable, but the development stalled and I stopped following it. I've seen one screenshot of it, and it was equal TA, running on linux if I recall right.

Solerman