pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] debug problem "with no line number"

From: roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] debug problem "with no line number"
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:03:18 -0500

Here's a quick response.  I believe I reported on this bug earlier and
sent in a quick diff style patch for the book. ;-)

------------------------begin clipping-----------------------
Chapter 6. Reading and Writing Simple Records
p 97, Last Paragraph, Add/Modify to read "Let's look at our reading
function first (read-record.s)."

p 98, Last Paragraph, Add/Modify: "The writing one is similar and name
this write-record.s" or "The writing one is similar (write-record.s)."

When I got to p 104 during the exercises, I was stumped as to the
compiling procedures as I had no "write-record.s" and I thought it was a
typo... of which, there is also an actual typo within the procedures
itself putting me through more confusion.

--
p 104

To build the appliction, run the commands:

-- as write-records.s -o write-record.o
++ as write-records.s -o write-records.o

--

(In other words, omit the "--" line and replace it with the "++" line in
the book.)