pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] great book! Breakpoints with gdb

From: Shuaib
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] great book! Breakpoints with gdb
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:22:11 -0800 (PST)

Excellent book. It is very clear that the author has
seen the deficiencies of currently available texts.  I
think this should book should be used even for
processor design.

This may have happened to me only, but I was unable to
enforce breakpoint using gdb after assembling with the
-gstabs option. It did work with the -gstabs+ option!
Just FYI incase it is useful for someone.
I was using:
- GNU gdb 6.0,
- GNU assembler version 2.14.90.0.7
(i686-pc-linux-gnu) using BFD version 2.14.90.0.7, and

- GNU ld version 2.14.90.0.7

Regards