pgubook-readers

Re: Re: [Pgubook-readers] about chapter 3: addressing modes

From: 龙哲 韩
Subject: Re: Re: [Pgubook-readers] about chapter 3: addressing modes
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:28:57 +0800 (CST)

Thank you very much Mr. Jon, I am clear.
But in addressing modes section of chapter 3,
It says that "All of the addressing modes mentioned
in the Section called Data Accessing Methods in
Chapter 2 except immediate-mode can be represented in
this fashion.", that section also includes register
addressing mode, so I think it should be "except
immediate-mode and register addressing mode".

--- Jonathan Bartlett <address@hidden>:

> > FINAL ADDRESS = ADDRESS_OR_OFFSET +
> %BASE_OR_OFFSET +
> > MULTIPLIER * %INIDEX
> >
> > ADDRESS_OR_OFFSET and MULTIPLIER must both be
> > constants"
> >
> > In register addressing mode, for example movl $11,
> > %eax, the register %eax is used as
> ADDRESS_OR_OFFSET.
>
> No, it is register addressing mode, which means that
> the above calculation
> does not apply.  The value goes into the register
> itself, as opposed to
> addressable main memory.
>
> Jon

雅虎免费G邮箱-No.1的防毒防垃圾超大邮箱