phpprintipp

[Phpprintipp] Media attributes

From: Psou
Subject: [Phpprintipp] Media attributes
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:50:39 +0200

Hi all,

I discovered Phpprintipp yesterday and, first of all, I want to thank you,
Thomas, for your so usefull work !!

I've tested it for two days on my Cups server and I can get almost all what I
want.

Anyway, there are still two issues that I can't solve while using
PrintIPP::getPrinterAttributes() :
1 - All kind of attributes which concern media (type, format and source) are
mixed in the same attribute : "media_supported". As I want to build a print
dialog box, I need to separate these three groups of attributes. I'm quite
sure that there is a way to do so, since when I use CUPS http interface, I
get three distinct lists of values to set up separately the type (Preprinted,
Transparency, Labels...), the format (Letter, A4, ...)  and the source (Auto,
Tray1, Tray2,...) of paper.
2 - Some attributes, which are only available with one specific
printer/driver, are not  returned in the list of attributes
(watermark-text-supported or watermark-font-supported on a HP LaserJet, ...).
How can I get all the attributes available with one printer ?

Thanks in advance.
Psou