phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] How does it work PHP-Print-IPP.

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] How does it work PHP-Print-IPP.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:00:03 +0100

On 12/Mar - 21:25, Thomas Skov Hansen wrote:
> Dear Sir

Hi!

> I am a student from a university in Denmark that would like to use your
> software for a project for school. But am just thinking about how its all
> put together.
> I have a PHP 5 enabled safe mode domain, "not possible to install anything
> on the server side"
> The way i understand it, all I need are the files in the PHP classes folder
> uploaded to a folder called printipp.
> Then I should be able to use the test files to print to a IPP enabled
> printer?

If the server PHP install has "fsockopen" enabled, it should :)

> The printer I would like to use has IPP support, so that should work. Or do
> i need a server machine?

It may work (don't expect anything but ASCII files to be printed), but
some users experienced problems with the http_class.php backend.
Especially, the _ReadStream function needs to be rewritten to use
stream_set_blocking to 1.

Also, I recommend to use the last CVS version, as there were annoying bugs
in the last releases.

I'm in a lack of time and interrest to continue to maintain it seriously.
Do anyone is interrested to become the maintainer?

--
=== The BOFH Excuse Server ===
Your excuse is: suboptimal routing experience