pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: so... string work

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: so... string work
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:58:49 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden>

    > Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

    > > Any of that grab you as something you'd like to work on?

    > > I should warn that the C macrology and inlining foo for adding UTF-32
    > > is a little bit twisted.   I find that when I change it takes me a
    > > while to figure out where I put everything :-).    But it's not as bad
    > > as it might look at first.

    > ok, i'm a taker for this job. if you think i can handle it all, i'll
    > begin, well, at the beginning, with the hackerlab stuff and those
    > hairy macros;

Neat.

    > once it's done, i'd go on with pika strings. unless any
    > of you wants to join the fun.

Matthew mentioned (elsewhere) that he might work on the Pika object
representations.   He might wind up meeting you half-way.   (He's
interested in working on way too much stuff, though :-) -- and on the
other hand he's surprisingly fast.)

    > tom: iirc, you mentioned something about
    > splitting the job? in that case, just tell me what part you're leaving
    > to me... btw, right now i'm quite busy reading emails: your string
    > document has raised quite a few reactions over there! :)

Basically, I'm trying to let you get your pick of the litter.   You
can tell me what you'd rather have someone else do or where it would
be helpful to have someone else working in parallel.   My time is
annoyingly split between Pika and arch so I wind up being the
bottleneck if I'm not careful.

-t