pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:50:55 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>

    > Hm, I guess I should move the core scaffolding I've written into
    > strings-reps.[ch] then... (I was thinking at first strings would
    > suffice as a purely libscm type, but I guess not.)

Construction and locking of strings definately goes in reps/.

Extraction definately goes in libscm/.

That strings are vtable objects is probably a reps/ issue.

Standard procedures (e.g., STRING-LENGTH) should be in libscm.

Sound about right?

(That's not a rhetorical question, just a hint about what I think --
you're the one fussing with the details of it.)

-t