pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:57:40 +0100

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> Construction and locking of strings definately goes in reps/.
>
> Extraction definately goes in libscm/.
>
> That strings are vtable objects is probably a reps/ issue.
>
> Standard procedures (e.g., STRING-LENGTH) should be in libscm.
>
> Sound about right?

Hopefully last question before I can commit some basic string
functionality/frameworking -- what are the semantics regarding
`udstr_copy'ing and `udstr_ref'ing of `t_udstr's in the FFI?  I assume
scm_make_string should at least ref the string if not copy it, but I'm
not sure about the rest of the functions.

-jivera